Preventive dentistry is the practice of caring for your teeth to keep them healthy. This helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and more. There are many forms of preventive dentistry, such as daily brushing and dental cleanings. These practices are designed to ensure that teeth are clean, strong, and white.
- Enhanced Oral Cancer Treatments – An examination of the entire mouth to identify any cancerous or precancerous conditions using VELscope®. This is a painless non-invasive handheld scope that detects abnormalities the naked eye can’t see.
- Laser Procedures – For soft tissue treatments such as, cold sores, gum line enhancement and gum disease treatments we use a diode laser. This type of laser, is used in place of a drill and minimizes pain, bleeding, infection and creates a shorter healing time.
- Nitrous Oxide – A colorless, odorless and safe to use gas known as, “laughing gas,” helps you relax during treatments.
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy – A non-surgical procedure that helps prevent further tooth loss from inflammation and bacteria by cleaning out gum pockets and around teeth.
- Professional Fluoride Treatments – A very quick treatment that is done by a hygienist who applies a fluoride solution of either varnish, gel or foam with a cotton swab, brush or tray.
- Professional Teeth Cleanings – A professional teeth cleaning that gets rid of plaque (a sticky, bacteria-rich film) on the teeth and below the gum line that is difficult to remove without professional tools.
- Root Canal Treatments – A procedure that helps repair and save a tooth that has become decayed or is badly infected.
- Sealants – A thin coating usually painted on the molars and premolars (back teeth) that protects them from decay.
- Tooth Extractions – A procedure that removes a tooth when it is damaged or decayed beyond repair.